Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesdays with Tommy

I’d like to take this time to address our performance at the Lee’s Summit Holiday Classic. We had three wrestlers make it out of their pools (Slyman, Massey, and Kew) and two placed (Slyman and Kew). That was a great triumph for those three but I felt like the rest of the team, especially myself, didn’t wrestle to our fullest potential. Personally I felt that the lack of performance was mainly due to mental hurdles as opposed to physical limitations. This year I have struggled to get into the right mindset but I think I got that figured out the second day of the tournament. We need to be able to extract something from our losses. The two day tournament format allowed for one to compare and contrast the mindset one took on each day and this allow one to learn. I did atrocious the first day and I was not very mentally focused; the second day I did well and I was extremely focused. Different people will require a different mindset but I require focusing intensely on the upcoming match. Figure out what you need and get ready. We all need to get mentally ready for our first dual against Northwest after break. Take this break to get ready!

Tom Korenak

No comments:

Post a Comment